Thursday, March 15, 2007

The lone OSU fan...

Taking a walk around the bar, I came across a kid wearing an Ohio State hat. I turned to him and asked what he expected at the finish and he pointed to his hat and responded "more of the same." He quietly turned back to his drink until I asked him to talk.

John, a senior at OSU who wished to withhold his last name for obvious reasons, said he has been a fan of OSU forever. He added that despite his allegiance, he has not cheered all night long. He said he has OSU on his brackets, but was hoping for a great game from CCSU to keep it respectable.

"Watching the selection show Sunday, we were all hoping they would be a #15 seed, but as the first two regions went by, we knew they would be playing the Buckeyes," he said. "I can't root against my team, but I wish nothing the best for the University."

John says the Buckeyes have played in a stronger conference all year and Greg Oden was just too much of a beast for an undersized CCSU squad.

"I just want to see them finish strong so they can say they beat the spread."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home